Thursday, October 10, 2013

coffee, anyone?

I am sure some of you have seen the DIY pumpkin spice coffee.
 
I was a bit apprehensive.  I love coffee but don't like all the unnatural flavors they use to make it so scrumptious it with. I
 
When I found this simple recipe I was thrilled and tried it right away.
 
You will need:
~over cup drip filter- mine if from Starbucks, find similar here.
~filter
~cute, large mug
~nutmeg
~cinnamon
~cloves
~ginger
~boiling water or milk for a creamer coffee
For one large cup:
I added 3 tablespoons of ground, flavor free, coffee.
1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon, cloves, allspice and ginger and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg. I love nutmeg and so I added more.
Boil water and pour into your filter. Add ice or drink hot.
 
Voila, a cheap, no fake, GMO filled flavorings.



I sweetened with honey and almond milk.  You can also use other seasonings, a pumpkin spice blend, vanilla and if you're wanting a real treat, whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment