Saturday, September 21, 2013

giving up a little dream

After many months, pretty pennies and a little effort we have said goodbye to our chickens.

Goodbye sweet Chickadees. I spent many hours praying, worrying and justifying my decision to keep you, but my heart (and God) said, NO!

Reasoning: We spend more on one week of care for these little ladies when we travel, than it would cost to support a beautiful, local farm.

Instead, we have decided to take the sales of the coop and make two more large garden beds. Much greater yields and something my Little Heart can join me in- without all the messiness.

I wanted chickens to teach my babies as well as have a way to provide for our family; gardening can do the same thing!

Guess Roo now needs her own mini garden tools and kneeling pad. She is gonna be a busy gardener. We start our fall seeds in a week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment